My friends have told me I won't shut up about the Center for Culinary Enterprises. It's true, a big part of my life right now is managing the construction of this project that will be Philadelphia's first large-scale food business center when it opens this summer. It's over 13,000 square feet at 48th and Spruce Streets, including:
- four kitchens for rent by the hour to entrepreneurs who need a licensed kitchen,
- over 1,000 square feet of cold and dry storage space,
- a multimedia demonstration kitchen/TV studio/classroom,
- loading and holding areas,
- and three new retail spaces.
- Plus business technical assistance and a range of food/health/nutrition programs for entrepreneurs, youth, and the community at-large.
It's an awesome project, and just yesterday we posted the announcement that we are looking to hire the Center's Director. If you or someone you know may be interested, please check out the job posting here. I hope we get some great applicants and bring on a dynamic, entrepreneurial director who can come on board and take this project to the next level!